This course is the continuation of the MARUGOTO Japanese for Beginners (Starter A1 Module 1) May – August 2021 Online Course. Limited slots are available for Filipinos who are at least 17 years old and reside in the Philippines. Applicants should be beginner learners who have some knowledge in Nihongo, Hiragana & Katakana. Group online support will be provided to students who will be learning Japanese using the JF Japanese e-Learning Minato course, Marugoto A1-2 (Katsudoo & Rikai) Self-Study Course. While doing the self study lessons, students will be able to practice Japanese with their teacher and classmates through online sessions. There are 2 segments in this course, Katsudoo (activity) and Rikai (competence).
- In the Katsudoo segment, communicative language activities are provided and used within the context of Japanese settings, such as how to get to a destination, talking about your hobbies, etc. Students will be able to speak simple Japanese right away.
- Language structure, such as Japanese script, vocabulary, grammar, etc. will be learned in the Rikai segment for those who want to learn about the Japanese Language systematically through various communicative activities.
These segments will be taken consecutively. Certificates will be issued separately.
A) Group Online Sessions (via Zoom): 1 hour / lesson, twice a week (Tuesdays & Fridays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
B) Self-study using the JF e-Learning Minato (Computer, tablet or smartphone is required*)
**Individual Online Sessions will be offered.
*Please check the recommended operating systems in the “Course Environment” tab in the Minato website: https://minato-jf.jp/Guide/Index
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type, such as how to get to a destination, how to do some shopping.
- Ask and answer questions about personal details such as one’s hobby and schedule.
- Express one’s feelings and preferences.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Broaden one’s view, understand the culture of other countries, and develop the competence in intercultural understanding by taking up Japanese culture distinct from that of the Philippines.
Katsudoo Segment (Activity)
Rikai Segment (Competence)
September 17 (Fri.) – October 19, 2021 (Tues.)
October 26 (Fri.) – December 3, 2021 (Tues.)
|Course Fee||P1,900 each segment|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2021 (Tues)|
For those who have NOT taken the JFM “Marugoto A1 Module 1 Katsudoo & Rikai Course”, please submit the duly accomplished application form (https://bit.ly/37pvYPr) and make sure to upload a screenshot of the Course Recommendation Test Result onto the form: https://www.marugoto-online.jp/info/level_check_test/?lang=eng.
JFM will also conduct a qualifying Level Check Test for confirmation.
Candidates should be able to introduce one’s self in simple Japanese (name, occupation, residence, etc.) and talk about their family, home, daily routine, etc.
Qualifying Level Check Test Schedule (maximum of one hour):
|September 1 (Wednesday)||2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM|
|September 2 (Thursday)||2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM|
Payment: Payment details will be sent after passing the qualifying Level Check Test.
Payment mode: Once you receive a confirmation email, bank details will be sent.
After payment, please send your proof of transaction (e.g. deposit slip or screenshot of the receipt with your name) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that cancellation after payment will not be allowed. In the event that the course should not push through due to circumstances beyond the control of JFM, a refund will be made in accordance with regulations.