The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa (https://www.jpf.go.jp/e/urawa/e_about/index.html) now offers the Japanese Teaching Methods Program for Teachers of Specified Skilled Worker Candidates both On-site (in Japan) and Online.
This program will strengthen the teachers’ understanding of the theory and approach of the Japanese language teaching methodology that focuses on accomplishing tasks and improving the Japanese language education needed for daily life and work.
- Individuals with experience in teaching Japanese language for more than one year as of April 1, 2022. (private lessons and teaching practice not included)
- Those 55 years old or below as of April 1, 2022 will be prioritized.
- Level N3 in the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), Level 2 of the old JLPT, or their equivalent.
* Applications are accepted from institutions and organizations that provide Japanese language education to people who are expected to reside or work in Japan by working visa: Specified Skilled Worker. Applications from individuals will not be accepted.
Deadline for document submission – May 2, 2022.
- Please email all necessary documents in ONE email with the subject, “Japanese Teaching Methods Program FY2022 (applicant’s full name)”, to Ms. Ayukawa (kayukawa＠jfmo.org.ph). Once the application is emailed, the JFM will check the documents and contact the applicant for correction if necessary.
- After evaluation, please standby for instructions to mail the hardcopy of your application documents to the JFM office (Japan Foundation, Manila).
The JFM’s mailing address:
23/F Pacific Star Building, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner Makati Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines (Attn: Ms. Ayukawa)
Candidates may apply for both the On-site and Online program. However, candidates can only be allowed to participate in one program. The contents on both programs will be the same.