This is an online course where one can learn Kanji* in about two months. Students will do online exercises and attend Group Online Lessons. Students will study the origins and features of kanji, plus 20 A1 level kanji vocabularies. Using interactive study materials, they will learn kanji, vocabulary, read sentences, and match kanji with their meanings.
*Kanji is one of the three types of scripts in the Japanese language.
– Can understand the history, origins, and features of kanji.
– Can look at a restaurant menu and find the most basic information such as ingredients etc.
– Can understand the features of a friend’s house after reading a short, simple email that arrived from a Japanese friend.
– Can read a short blog and understand what was done and when if visual aids are available.
Modes of Tutor Support
– Group Online Lessons via Zoom on February 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27, and April 10, 2021 (Saturdays), from 11:00 AM to 12:00 NN (Manila time)
– Monitoring of the students’ learning progress; exchange of information among students / teachers through the Notice Board.
– Completion of online exercises and online test
– Taking the reading test during the Group Online Lesson on March 27, 2021.
Registration Link: https://minato-jf.jp/CourseDetail/Index/MA20_KNJT_A101_EN01
(Details about the registration procedure is on the flyer)
|Registration Period||January 27 – February 8, 2021|
|Course Period||February 19 – April 13, 2021|
|Result of Selection Process||February 9, 2021|
|Course Operator||The Japan Foundation Manila|
|Course Type||Tutor Support|
|Course Fee||Php 1,000|
|Eligibility||★This is a teacher support course for Filipinos who have studied hiragana and katakana.
★ Only those who can attend the Group Online Lessons via Zoom are eligible to register.
|Schedule of the Group Online Lessons||Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 NN
Dates: February 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27, and April 10, 2021 (Saturdays)
|Payment Period*||February 9 – 15, 2021 (15:00, Manila time)|
ABOUT THE STUDENT SELECTION PROCESS
This is a course where participants are determined by a selection process. For those who wish to apply, please read the course outline carefully. Then, within the designated application time period, please click the ‘Course Registration’ button and complete the application.
*Please note that cancellation after payment will not be allowed. In the event that the course should not push through due to circumstances beyond the control of JFM, a refund will be made in accordance with regulations.