Curatorial Development Program 2018
The Japan Foundation, Manila, the University of the Philippines Vargas Museum and Philippine Contemporary Art Network (PCAN) announce a call for applications for a Free Curatorial Workshop in October 2018. The program is aimed at enhancing expertise in curating contemporary art and related platforms. Selected participants are required to present an exhibition/art project proposal at the workshop and three participants will be asked to organize an exhibition/art project in 2019 at the Vargas Museum.
October 5-6, 2018 (2 days)
University of the Philippines Vargas Museum
(UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City)
- Lecturers and Mentors
Patrick D. Flores (Curator, Vargas Museum and Director, PCAN)
Mizuki Takahashi (Co-Director, Centre for Heritage, Arts and Textile, Hong Kong)
Joseph Palis (Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, University of the Philippines Diliman)
Maria Faith Varona (Assistant Professor, College of Architecture, University of the Philippines Diliman)
Roberto G. Paulino, Coordinator, Knowledge Production and Circulation, PCAN
Tessa Maria Guazon, Coordinator, Exhibition and Curatorial Analysis, PCAN
Renan Laru-an, Coordinator, Public Engagement and Artistic Formation, PCAN
- Number of participants to be accepted
Maximum of 15 persons
Applying candidates must fulfill the following eligibilities:
1) Those who have broad interests in curatorial practices which include contemporary art, art history, architecture, material culture, music and performance and so on;
2) Those who are 35 years old or below at the time of application; and
3) Those of Filipino nationality.
Please submit the duly accomplished application form and the required documents to the Japan Foundation, Manila via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before August 19, 2018.
– Application form [Download on this link: curators-application-form-2018]
– Portfolio of past 3 projects, if any.
– 800-word essay around the theme “Space and Discourse in Curatorial Practice” or the issues involved in the process of “thinking through space in curatorial practice.”
- Notice of Award
Those who are accepted to participate in the workshop will be informed not later than August 27, 2018.
The Japan Foundation, Manila
23/F Pacific Star Bldg., Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, corner Makati Avenue, Makati City
TEL: 02-811-6155 to 58 FAX: 02-811-6153
Ms. Szusza Velasco E-mail: email@example.com