This course is the continuation of the MARUGOTO Japanese for Beginners (Starter A1 Module 1) July – October Online Course. Limited slots are available for Filipino residents who are at least 17 years old and are beginner learners who have some knowledge in Nihongo, Hiragana & Katakana. Group online support will be provided to students who will be learning Japanese using the JF Japanese e-Learning Minato course, Marugoto A1-2 (Katsudoo & Rikai) Self-Study Course. While doing the self study lessons, students will be able to practice Japanese with their teacher and classmates through online sessions. There are 2 segments in this course, Katsudoo (activity) and Rikai (competence).
- In the Katsudoo segment, communicative language activities are provided and used within the context of Japanese settings, such as how to get to a destination, talking about your hobbies, etc. Students will be able to speak simple Japanese right away.
- Language structure, such as Japanese script, vocabulary, grammar, etc. will be learned in the Rikai segment for those who want to learn about the Japanese Language systematically through various communicative activities.
These segments will be taken consecutively. Certificates will be issued separately.
A) Group Online Sessions (via Zoom): 1 hour / lesson, twice a week (Mondays & Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
B) Self-study using the JF e-Learning Minato (Computer, tablet or smartphone is required*)
**Individual Online Sessions will be offered.
*Please check the recommended operating systems in the “Course Environment” tab in the Minato website: https://minato-jf.jp/Guide/Index
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type, such as how to get to a destination, how to do some shopping.
- Ask and answer questions about personal details such as one’s hobby and schedule.
- Express one’s feelings and preferences.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Katsudoo Segment (Activity)
Rikai Segment (Competence)
November 5 (Thursday) – December 10, 2020 (Thursday)
January 7 (Thursday) – February 11, 2021 (Thursday)
|Course Fee||P1,900 each segment|
|Application Deadline||October 12, 2020 (Monday)|
|Downloads||Marugoto A1 Module 2 Katsudoo Rikai (Online Course) Application Form
Marugoto A1 Module 2 Katsudoo & Rikai (Online Course) Flyer
For those who have NOT taken the JFM “Marugoto A1 Module 1 Katsudoo & Rikai Course”, submit the duly accomplished application form to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your preferred time for the Qualifying Level Check Test.
Candidates should be able to introduce one’s self in simple Japanese (name, occupation, family, house, daily routine, etc.)
Qualifying Level Check Test Schedule (maximum of one hour):
|October 14 (Wednesday)||9:00 AM, 10:00 AM 11:00 AM
1:00 PM , 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM
|October 15 (Thursday)||9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM|
Payment: Payment details will be sent after passing the Qualifying Level Check Test.
Payment mode: Once you receive a confirmation email, we will send the bank details.
After payment, please send your proof of transaction (e.g. deposit slip or screenshot of the receipt with your name) to email@example.com.
Please note that cancellation after payment will not be allowed. In the event that the course should not push through due to circumstances beyond the control of JFM, a refund will be made in accordance with regulations.