In celebration of the 2018 Nihongo Fiesta, we are pleased to invite you to the “10th Nihongo Quiz Bee for High School Students”, an event of the Japan Foundation, Manila and the Association of Filipino Nihongo Teachers (AFINITE). It will be held on 17 February 2018 (Saturday) – as part of the morning’s featured activities, at the Shangri-La Plaza, EDSA, Corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City.
The Nihongo Quiz Bee is open to Filipino high school students currently attending Nihongo or Japanese Language & Culture classes in their respective schools. The Nihongo Quiz Bee aims to showcase their knowledge in Japanese language and culture. Those who are eligible to participate are Nihongo students
- who have not yet joined any Nihongo Quiz Bee from 2009 to 2017 as either main or alternate contestants;
- who have not yet joined and will not join in other Japan Foundation events like the Japanese Speakers’ Forum;
- who have not stayed in Japan for an accumulated / total period of more than 6 months;
- who have not yet passed any of the 5 levels of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) and who have not taken the December 2017 JLPT exam;
- whose parents/either father or mother are/is not Japanese national(s); and
- who are currently enrolled in Japanese Language & Culture classes in their respective high schools.
Deadline for the submission of duly accomplished application forms and pictures for the “additional requirements” is on 12 December 2017 (Tuesday). Changes in the participants and Official Coach will not be entertained after all papers have been submitted. Only one teacher will be recognized as Official Coach from each school. Moreover, Nihongo Partners will be asked to make questions so they are not allowed to coach the students and they will not be recognized as coach. Please adhere to the deadline and rules strictly. Forms submitted after the deadline will not be accepted for any reasons and violation of the rules will result to disqualifications.
For details and clarifications, please contact The Japan Foundation, Manila at tel. # (02)811-6155 to 58 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.